Fenwick Elliott Grace is an Australian law firm based in Adelaide and Darwin, specialising in construction, energy and engineering projects. The firm is designed to provide world-class professional standards in this specialist field without large firm overheads.
Construction Law Updates
Adjudication of payment disputes has become commonplace under the Security of Payment legislation now in force across Australia. Sometimes contractors make an error when applying for adjudication and realise that the adjudication will end badly if they continue. In those circumstances, what does the contractor do? Should the contractor withdraw the application or restart the whole process?
A recent decision of the Court of Appeal of the Northern Territory makes clear the position under the Act as it applies to the Territory.
Subscribe to our email list
Construction – commercial, industrial and residential sectors
- Drafting and review of contracts
- Tender evaluation and review
- Assistance with contract management
- Dispute resolution
Commercial dispute resolution
- Types of disputes we handle
- Advice as to alternative methods of dispute resolution
- Advice on preparation for potential future claims
- Cost effective management of major claims
Engineering and complex technological legal issues
Our blend of experience in engineering and law gives us a unique advantage – find out why.
Railways, rollingstock and related infrastructure law
- Drafting, review and advice relating to all types of agreements
- Advising on and conducting railway and rollingstock litigation
Energy and Infrastructure law
- Power stations – including combined cycle and nuclear
- Large scale gas pipeline works
- Water treatment projects
- Gas distribution projects
- Railway development
Planning and Environmental law
- Local government work
- Planning and development appeals
- Environmental law
- Freedom of information
- Challenging government decisions