Fenwick Elliott Grace is an Australian law firm based in Adelaide and Darwin, specialising in construction, energy and engineering projects. The firm is designed to provide world-class professional standards in this specialist field without large firm overheads.
Construction Law Updates
A recent NSW Supreme Court decision in Southern Han Breakfast Point Pty Limited v Lewence Construction Pty Limited  NSWSC 502 examines whether an adjudicator has the power to make a determination that the builder is owed a further progress payment under the AS4000-1997 contract after the work has been taken out of its hands.
This decision is likely to have persuasive influence in SA and other States that mirror the NSW legislation and may provide a strategic advantage to principals.
Subscribe to our email list
Construction – commercial, industrial and residential sectors
- Drafting and review of contracts
- Tender evaluation and review
- Assistance with contract management
- Dispute resolution
Commercial dispute resolution
- Types of disputes we handle
- Advice as to alternative methods of dispute resolution
- Advice on preparation for potential future claims
- Cost effective management of major claims
Engineering and complex technological legal issues
Our blend of experience in engineering and law gives us a unique advantage – find out why.
Railways, rollingstock and related infrastructure law
- Drafting, review and advice relating to all types of agreements
- Advising on and conducting railway and rollingstock litigation
Energy and Infrastructure law
- Power stations – including combined cycle and nuclear
- Large scale gas pipeline works
- Water treatment projects
- Gas distribution projects
- Railway development
Planning and Environmental law
- Local government work
- Planning and development appeals
- Environmental law
- Freedom of information
- Challenging government decisions